Advanced Home Care Solutions provides Professional Geriatric Care Management
Professional Geriatric Care Management is:
A holistic, client-centred approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, geriatric care manager expertise provides the answers at a time of uncertainty. Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love,thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
- Regular nursing visits and monitoring health conditions
- Planning and problem-solving
- Education and advocacy
- Family caregiver coaching
- Housing-helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options
- Medical Management - attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family and if appropriate, monitoring client's adherence to medical orders and instructions
- Communication - keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client
- Social activities - providing opportunity for the client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life
- Legal - referring to or consulting with elder law attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
- Financial - may include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client's Power of Attorney
- Regular Professional Geriatric Care Manager visits
- 24/7 nurse-on-call support
- Liaising with family and physicians
- Being on call list for Life Line call out
Living Well TM
For those mildly frail clients who are fairly independent and won't need our personal care services just yet, but they and their families need reassurance and peace of mind...someone to turn to for reassurance or urgent health concerns.
Memory Well TM
For those clients who have cognitive decline and need help making everyday decisions, oversight of hygiene, nutrition, shopping, bill payments and banking, whose families are concerned about the clients increasing inability to manage on their own
Elder Well TM
For loved ones who are ageing gracefully in place but becoming more frail, we pay special attention to their changing needs. We will perform a monthly nursing assessments to ensure that your loved one is doing well and we will focus on nutritional needs, respiratory health, and physiological functions.
Family Well TM
For those clients whose primary caregivers are family members, who now need a 'breather' or respite, or simply do not have time to manage mom or dads life maintenance needs. Having the full-time responsibility of making decisions and caring for a frail or dependent person, can be exhausting and overwhelming. We provide nursing oversight and act as an extension of 'you' when you are not able to be there.
Home Well TM
For clients about to be discharged home from hospital or short stay units, we step in to ensure all of your at-home care needs are managed.
We meet with the discharge planner and ensure we understand what your health needs are. We work independently or alongside of health authorities to ensure all of your care needs are met and your home is ready for you, upon your arrival home. Our Care Manager visits to ensure your recovery is going well.
Care Well TM
"We bring the care to you!"
For frail loved ones, with complex medical problems, who want to age in place at home at all costs, we bring all care to your loved ones bedside.
Our Professional Geriatric Care Manager visits regularly, to assess your loved one and ensure our caregivers are providing the very best care possible.